Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Point of Fitness Centers and Parking Lots


Ok, so I get it. Some people are just in a hurry. I understand you only have so much time to get on that treadmill. We are all busy and all want to be 'in shape.' Like I said, I get it.

Story time. So I was driving in to work the other day just rockin' out to a little Owl City bright and early. Beautiful morning. As I pull onto the street leading to our little back parking lot, which by the way has about 4.6 million unused stall EVERY DAY, I am greeted by cars lining both sides of the street right in front of the Lifetime Fitness. I quickly check the 4.6 million stalls and sure enough, empty. Thinking this must just be a unique occurrence, I am surprised when the on street traffic has only increased by the afternoon and is still there when I return the next day! Needless to say this on street traffic causes somewhat of a major blind spot which almost got me run into twice while trying to leave the OTC.

This whole situation begs the question. With 4.6 million open stalls 50-60 feet further from the front doors than the oh-so-dangerous on the street parking, can people who are going to go work out really not walk the extra couple seconds? What's the hurry?

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you listen to Owl City. Are we friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often thought about spray painting those curbs red...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would support that activity whole heartedly...

    ReplyDelete